Apiezon H High Temperature Vacuum Grease 25g
Apiezon H Grease is a silicone-free high vacuum grease perfectly suited for use at high temperatures in both scientific and industrial applications. H Grease has exceptional 'stiction' and thermal conduction properties and has gained prestigious approvals from a variety of international organizations, including BAE Systems, the European Space Agency and NASA.
Apiezon H Grease: High Temperature Vacuum Grease Properties
Apiezon H Grease is a silicone-free high temperature vacuum grease which:
- performs well under a wide range of temperatures, from -10 to +240°C, and retains its optimum consistency at temperatures between +10 and +110°C
- rather than melting, actually becomes stiffer as temperature increases and therefore is not recommended for highly stressed bearings
- has excellent heat transfer properties
- conducts heat away from the site of operation, reducing the danger of overheating and damaging heat-sensitive components
- exhibits good 'stiction' or sticking power
- has powerful 'gettering' action, meaning it absorbs potentially harmful grease and chemical impurities on metal and glass surfaces
- is easy to clean and remove as it is soluble in hydrocarbon solvents
- exhibits a vapor pressure of 1.7 x 10-9 Torr at 20°C
Applications of Apiezon H Grease
As a high temperature, low to medium vacuum grease with excellent 'stiction' power and good thermal conduction properties Apiezon H Grease is used for many diverse applications. In particular H Grease is commonly used in scientific and industrial high temperature sealing applications.
Thanks to its 'stiction' power Apiezon H Grease is ideal for use with laboratory glassware; it is also favoured by the electronics and space industries where its high thermal conductivity makes it the perfect vacuum grease in situations where heat sink media requires adhesion.
Apiezon H grease has been approved by NASA as a material suitable for lubricating the gold-plated threads of small variable capacitors required to operate under high vacuum from -65°C to +125°C to prevent galling.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.